Minerals and vitamins are often not found in adequate quantities in the various food items and hence attention should be paid to ensure that these elements are available in the top 10 diets for kids that you are going to give. Families sometimes face problems providing these to their kids as kids can be sometimes very fussy and choosy about foods which they like to eat. Hence the clever approach would be to incorporate such items which the kids find tasty and are also nutritious for their all-round development.
1. Meat- This is a food item which is a rich source of protein and also Vitamin B. Apart from these valuable elements like copper, niacin, and iron are also present in it. To have a balanced and healthy meal you can prepare a tasty mix of vegetable stew and meat. Now and then you can allow children to have hamburgers, but that should be within limits. Grilling and barbecuing are two safe methods of preparing meat along with green vegetables.
2. Eggs- Eggs can be used in various delicious dishes, and kids simply love to gorge on them. Proteins, vitamins and minerals are all present in this wonderful item and this should definitely be in the list of top 10 diets for kids.
3. Milk- Many kids do not want to consume milk directly. For them an innovative way of providing milk would be by giving them delicious milk shakes, custards, yogurts, etc., which contain fruits as well as milk. You can find many useful minerals, vitamins and carbohydrates in milk.
4. Berries- Strawberries, blueberries and blackberries are all highly nutritious items. These wonderful berries contain Vitamin C, potassium, fibers, carbohydrates, and important anti-oxidants which powerfully fight against the harmful free radicals. Children as well as kids love to have strawberries in various preparations You can give strawberries mixed with yogurt or with whole-grain flakes.
5. Tuna fish- This fish should definitely be included in the top 10 diets for kids. Apart from containing niacin, protein, Vitamin B, zinc and iron, this fish contains extremely vital omega-3 oils. The benefits of this oil are slowly being revealed. But one needs to be cautious about the quantity of this fish consumed as mercury levels can elevate due to excess intake. These fishes also taste great with salads.
6. Yogurt – Kids simply love to eat this and hence one should not forget to include this item in the top 10 diets for kids. Being a good source of calcium, protein, carbohydrates, Vitamin B, phosphor and zinc you can easily have a delicious and nutritious preparation with fresh fruits.
7. Cheese- This is another extremely delicious and healthy item. Cheese can be used as salad toppings or for garnishing certain vegetables. Kids also adore having cheese sandwiches. This item contains plenty of calcium, Vitamin B12, Protein and also phosphor. One should be careful of providing cheese in moderate amounts because of its fat content.
8. Whole grains- Very nutritious and delectable recipes can be cooked with these when one applies a bit of resourcefulness. This item must be included in the list of top 10 diets for kids.
9. Broccoli- It is a highly fibrous vegetable and is ideal for kids. If your kids are fond of broccoli, fry it with low oil or stew it to prepare a tasty dish.
10. Sweet potatoes- These vegetables are naturally sweet and lot of kids love having this item. It is again a rich source of fiber, Vitamin C, potassium, Vitamin A, Iron and Calcium.