MS Word: Shortcuts
Anyone from students to working professionals know the benefits of using Microsoft Word in working to formulate their research works and other documents owing to the program’s user friendliness which has made it a consistent top seller over the years and the years to come because in my opinion, there is no program which comes close to MS Word by Microsoft in terms of word publishing.
Yes, MS Word is that easy to use hands down, but there are a lot more ways to make our jobs easier while enjoying the benefits of this great Word processing software. This is helpful because if things are more easily done, then it follows that there are a lot more things that can be accomplished in a short period of time. One way is through the use of shortcuts so instead of using lengthy procedures in order to do certain tasks, it is simplified so it is made much quicker.
Here are some of the Shortcuts I use:
- Ctrl+N = Opens up a new document to write on.
- Ctrl+O = Opens an existing or saved document.
- Ctrl+S = Saves file in the computer’s memory.
- Ctrl+P = Used to print documents through a printer attached to the computer.
- Ctrl+X = Cuts a selected portion of a document and saves it into a clipboard which can later be retrieved, loaded and used.
- Ctrl+ C = Used to copy documents, photos, and videos from other documents.
- Ctrl + V = Used to paste a piece of a document either from a new file or from the clipboard.
- Ctrl + [ (smaller) or Ctrl + ] (larger) = Used to automatically change the size of the font.
- Ctrl + B = Used to make selected portions of the document appear in bold letters.
- Ctrl + V = Pastes a copied portion of a selected text to a chosen field in the document.
- Ctrl + J = Used to justify highlighted portions of the text document.
- Ctrl + A = Used to highlight all texts in the document.
So there you have it, these are the shortcuts I use in MS Word. I am sure that there are a lot more that I may not have mentioned which are of equal importance. Do you know of some more? Please comment or leave a message. It will be greatly appreciated.